Things You Should Ask Your Tampa Kitchen Remodel Company
A successful kitchen remodel greatly depends on finding a remodeling company that you can trust in your home and with your money. Countless people have fallen prey to untrustworthy companies that charge too much, extend the work timeline, perform a mediocre job, or simply run away with their deposit. That’s why it’s essential to ask the right questions when searching for a Tampa kitchen remodel company.
The following are a few questions you should ask when interviewing prospective Tampa kitchen remodel companies:
- What are your credentials?
- The company should provide a license, proof of insurance and state certification for you to consider hiring them. Insurance is important because it protects you from liability if a worker is injured at your home. You can use the company’s license to look up their work history through the Secretary of State’s Office and Better Business Bureau. Call to verify if the company’s license and insurance are current. Affiliations with the National Kitchen & Bath Association (NKBA), the National Association of the Remodeling Industry (NARI), and the Florida Home Builder’s Association (FHBA) are bonuses.
- How long have you been in business?
- Although every business was new at some point, having an experienced crew working on your home can mean the difference between a successful kitchen remodel and a disastrous one. A knowledgeable remodeling company knows the ins and outs of what goes into the job, and they have strong relationships with fellow trade professionals. Plus, they can provide you with examples of their past work so you can determine whether or not they fit with your design style.
- Can I see examples of kitchen remodel projects you completed in the last year?
- If these samples meet your expectations, ask for a list of referrals. Verify their work.
Other important questions to ask: what is your approach to a project like this; what percentage of your business is repeat or referral; and who will be assigned as project manager? Pay attention to how these questions are answered, and to the information that is conveniently left out. In the end, listen to your gut instinct. After all, the company you choose will have access to your home and personal life. It’s important to trust your kitchen remodel crew, and feel comfortable around them.
Contact us today for a free Tampa kitchen remodel consultation. We look forward to hearing from you, no matter your budget or the extent of your project.